From: "Myrle Krantz" <myrle@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "dev" <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Avik Ganguly" <avikganguly010@xxxxxxxxx>, "edcable" <edcable@xxxxxxxxx>, "Isaac Kamga" <isaac.kamga@xxxxxxxxx>, "santosh" <santosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Nazeer Hussain Shaik" <nazeerhussain.shaik@xxxxxxxxx>, "nayan ambali" <nayan.ambali@xxxxxxxxx>, shruthi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2018 5:57:31 PM
Subject: Re: Code Committ Process for Fineract Committers

Hey Ed,

All Fineract committers have access rights to change all Fineract
repositories. They can merge their own or others PRs. Nazeer, Nayan, Steve,
Santosh, Ed, Avik are all committers. There are a total of 20+ committers.

The process for committing changes is different depending on the
repository. We have two kinds of repositories. Mirrored repositories and
gitbox repositories.

Mirrored repositories are:
————
fineract-site
fineract

As Steve pointed out, mirrored repositories are changed via the process
described here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Merge+a+pull+request+to+a+mirrored+Apache+repo

I personally find that process painful. It is possible that someone tried
that, failed at it, and came to the mistaken conclusion that he didn’t have
access rights.

Gitbox repositories are:
—————-
All the Fineract CN repositories

(We are in the process of changing fineract-site to a gitbox repository.)

In gitbox repositories, PRs can be merged via the Github UI most of us are
familiar with. In November of last year, I explained what you need to do to
enable this here on the mailing list:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/dec82c43eddd37b2e90020120e285d5cffe04f1fe448e1dfa1b9c49b@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E

If you are a committer and have tried to merge a change-set and failed,
don’t suffer in silence. You are allowed to make changes. Tell us you’re
struggling so we can help you. I promise to never say RTFM to a committer.
And if someone else does it, I’ll call them on it.

Best Regards,
Myrle

--
Mexina M Daniel
Lead Software Developer

Office: +255 22 261 8511 | Mobile: +255 712 110 791

Singo Africa Limited
Block G, Mbezi Beach B | 7Nakawale Road | P.O BOX 78908 | 14121 Dar es
salaam

singo.africa | amala.co.tz

Let's grow together