Re: [ DISCUSS ] Apache Fineract CN Tentative Community Roadmap

Hi -  I would like to suggest some key high level functional criteria for
the formal release of Fineract-CN:

   1. Use case orientation - that specific end-user roles and the steps
   that the end-user takes in interaction with Fineract-CN front end are
   written in a style that allows for both "tests" and communication of the
   requirements.  For example:
      1. The User:BankStaff is able to login to see a recent history of all
      transactions by specific accounts, according to the permissions that they
      have that mask certain transaction details.
      2. The User:Customer is able to login to a see current balances and
      recent activity on both debit and credit accounts with a total
showing for
      all of their accounts.
      3. The User:FieldAgent is able to login and see a list of payments by
      individuals for whom they are assigned to.
      4. and so on...

      2. That security and configuration guides be included in the thinking
   from the beginning.  An open source project often faces the false criticism
   that it is less secure so it is important to have ways of analyzing and
   addressing security holes from the beginning.  This may also take the form
   of jira tickets that relate to ensuring that the logs are inviolable and
   that early detection mechanisms send alerts to the proper humans defined in
   the configuration file - which may require thinking that through more.
   There are guides to how to secure infrastructure and I am sure other Apache
   projects have had to deal with this - we should look to them for advice.

   3. That the surface area of the release includes:
      1. Open an Account with at least two KYC levels
      2. Open a second account for the same person or entity
      3. Make a deposit
      4. Make a withdrawal
      5. Transfer funds within accounts held by the same person
      6. Enforce rules related to transfer amounts (subject to KYC limits)
      7. Have a simple approval process for a loan application (an agent
      can approve)
      8. Configure a loan product with min and max amounts and two methods
      of interest calc
      9. Transfer funds from a "lending department" to a customer
      10. Generate an expected payments schedule based on the product
      definition
      11. Write off the loan
      12. Close the account (put into one of several different states)

      4. That there is sufficient test coverage for the release.

Thanks,
James