Re: Fineract CN / Stellar bridge

Hi all,

I hadn't been tracking Sanyam's efforts closely enough, but now I've
had a quick flyby of it, there are some important problems with me
integrating with it:

* It's not part of Fineract. It's being creating at the Mifos Initiative.
* It hasn't been released yet.  It's very early stage.

If I were to make my code dependent on it, and the development were to
take an unexpected direction, I wouldn't be able to protect any
Fineract users from that, and I'd be making Fineract users dependent
on the Mifos Initiative.  I think highly of the Mifos Initiative, and
it *is* a non-profit, but there are still risks there.  For example,
the Mifos Initiative doesn't have a vetting process which prevents
Cat-X dependencies, like the one Markus discovered.

Also architecturally, I think it may create unnecessary complexity
(though I'm not certain I'm right here).  If what we want to achieve
is a certain flow of transactions through accounting, we can achieve
that with a static library, made available to all payment plugins.
You're going to have to provision a vendor specific-component via the
provisioner anyways.  Why add extra provisioning code?

(I wrote this email with Fineract CN in mind, I haven't really thought
this through for Fineract yet.)

Best Regards,
Myrle