Re: Self-Service APIs for GSOC Students

Hello Everyone,

Following up on the previous email, I had a few more questions.
1) I can see that for the entries of users who are self-service users
currently in the application we don't have a corresponding entry for a
client. According to my understanding as the self-service application is
client facing we should have both an entry for user and client isn't it or
am I missing out on something?
2) Also, is it currently possible to associate a client with a user? I am
unable to find a common id using which I could connect them.

I think I misjudged that the current APIs will be sufficient for
self-service user management. I would like to request for a discussion
regarding this for some clarity so that the required APIs can be built.

Thanks
Abhay.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 10:50 PM Abhay Chawla <abhay.chawla97@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> As I was exploring the APIs that I will be using for user management I saw
> that we don't have a field for mobile no in the API for users, only the
> email. On the other hand, clients have both email and mobile. I want to
> know why do we don't have a mobile no in the users API, considering that
> for self-service registration in the Online banking app as I see the user
> requires one of them for authentication. Also according to my
> understanding, I want to confirm are all self-service users definitely
> clients? I would appreciate if anyone of you could clarify this.
>
> And yes Welcome, Shruthi and thanks for your help on the APIs.
>
> Thanks
> Abhay.
>

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 6:26 PM Ed Cable <edcable@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> As you all saw via the intro to the dev list, I wanted to introduce you
>> to Shruthi, who is beginning to work on the self-service API wrappers.
>>
>> She'll be on our check-in today so hopefully she can schedule some time
>> with each of the interns who need assistance as well.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 3:23 PM Ed Cable <edcable@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Saksham and Ankit,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your patience and your engagement with Adi thus far in
>>> helping to get clarity around the APIs needed for your projects.
>>>
>>> I do have a resource finally coming on board that will be able to assist
>>> directly by building out the wrappers around existing APIs to enable them
>>> as self-service.
>>>
>>> Can you please confirm that these are the APIs that are missing and/or
>>> lacking documentation:
>>>
>>> *Lacking Documentation:*
>>> @Dilpreet Singh <dilpreet2028@xxxxxxxxx>  Are you able to document
>>> these on the Fineract API docs page since you consumed them last summer?
>>>
>>> Or Perhaps @Sampath Kumar G <sampath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you could
>>> do documentation with support of Adi/Nazeer and Dilpreet.
>>>
>>>    - View Reports
>>>    - Notification Service
>>>       - GET device/registration/client/{clientId}
>>>       - POST device/registration
>>>       - PUT device/registration/{id}
>>>    - Registration Service
>>>       - POST registration
>>>       - POST registration/user
>>>
>>> *New APIs to be Built*
>>> Saksham and Ankit have documented the new APIs that need to be created
>>> at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-628 inclusive of:
>>>
>>> 1) Support for applying for for savings accounts
>>> 2) Support for viewing share accounts
>>> 3) Support for adding guarantors
>>> 4) Support for editing user details.