Re: Introducing Shruthi Rajaram, Mifos Community Engineer

Hi Shruti,
Welcome to the community.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 3:47 PM, Ed Cable <edcable@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Mifos and Fineract communities,
>
> I wanted to formally introduce Shruthi Rajaram of Conflux Technologies who
> is just starting out her role as Mifos Community Engineer as of yesterday.
> You'll hopefully be seeing a lot of her on the lists as she's stepping into
> the role that Nazeer once filled in presiding over the community. I'll let
> her introduce herself and her background.
>
> The Mifos Initiative as fortunate enough to secure funding from DIAL
> through one of their catalytic grants to get the Dirty Jobs work done. Her
> role is made possible by this grant.
>
> As you've seen over the past several months, there have been delays in
> shipping releases, merging pull requests, fixing bugs, building new APIs.
> Having a dedicate person in this role will certainly help with these delays
> but I don't want it to reduce the pressure or remove the need for our
> committers and community at large to be helping with these vital duties
> because our aim is to help make the Fineract and Mifos communities
> self-functioning without intervention of funded dedicated developers.
>
> For the near immediate future, she'll be working on the APIs that our GSOC
> students need and getting the outstanding pull requests merged for Fineract
> 1.2.
>
> Her scope of focus across Fineract and Mifos will include:
>

> * - Review and merge pull requests from interns, partners, and volunteers
> in our community to the Apache Fineract platform- Review and merge pull
> requests from interns, partners, and volunteers in our community to the
> Mifos X web and mobile apps- Guide the QA process and release management
> process as part of the Apache Way to publicly release Apache Fineract-
> Prepare and package corresponding Mifos X web and mobile app releases that
> consume the stable Apache Fineract platform. - Triage incoming bug reports
> and feature requests. - Fix critical and show-stopping bugs and security
> vulnerabilities that arise and release them promptly as hot fixes.  - Fix
> outstanding P1 bugs and feature requests from our backlog that requires
> deep platform-level knowledge that volunteers can’t take on. - Develop new
> APIs, integrations, and minor features which are dependencies for other
> projects which will be developed upon by interns and volunteers.-
> Architectural Design and Technical Onboarding - as new external
> contributors come to the project, we need an expert on our platform to give
> them an initial technical onboarding and help them properly design new
> features they’d like to build - Dev Ops to maintain continuous integration
> servers and build pipelines to push merged code to our staging server and
> push stable releases to our demo servers. *Join in welcoming Shruthi to
> our communities!
>
> Cheers,
>
> *Ed Cable*
> President/CEO, Mifos Initiative
> edcable@xxxxxxxxx | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649

Thanks and Regards

*Ankit Sharma*
*Upscale Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd*
*Contact - 9999654097,02026880401*

*CONFIDENTIALITY/PROPRIETARY NOTE *

This mail is governed by Upscale Consultancy Services Private Limited's IT
policy.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents
of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails
are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.