Re: Selection of chat/support tool for Customer-Facing Apps

Abhay,

I like the suggestion of RocketChat given its active community, license
compatibility and feature-richness. While we don't need all of its
capabilities around team and group chat, it's livechat functionality would
meet our needs.

Abhay or Saksham - are you able to install locally on your machine and test
out live chat functionality? Most of the use cases wouldn't be chatting in
real time so we would need to ensure that livechat feature supports
asynchronous communication well in that the incoming query can get
responded to from both the support staff or the client whenever they have a
chance to respond to the message. The routing of messages seems to be quite
robust and we should explore how that would need to work with staff/offices
in Mifos to ensure support messages get routed to right people.

https://rocket.chat/docs/administrator-guides/livechat/

We should also see if the livechat history can be stored in a client record
as that's important as well.

@Maek Twain <saransh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> I don't think we'd have to worry about
too many concurrent users as we wouldn't be leveraging group chat but we
should make sure performance is good and doesn't bog down web app as when
we had a live chat widget in their before it did.

Ed