Re: Status of Demo Server on Apache VM Infrastructure

Hi all,

... I made progress on the demo server installation:

   - I've followed the instructions @
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/How+To+Build+Apache+Fineract+CN
   - I've setup a minimal build environment @ fineract-vm.apache.org
   (Oracle JDK, Docker, Docker Compose, NodeJs 10.3.0, NPM 6.1.0)
   - I've created a docker-compose.yml file to startup Cassandra, MySQL and
   NGinX (for fineract-cn-fims-web-app)
   - all Java modules build without a problem

... but also hit some issues:

   - I had to bump up the version for @types/hammerjs to 2.0.35 (from
   2.0.30), because the currently checked in version could not be found by npm
   install; pull request is on the way
   - the demo server seems to listen on localhost only; I'll "fix" this by
   running it in a Docker container and will put the configuration in the
   docker-compose.yml file
   - during the demo server startup I get the following exception (I've
   shortened the stacktrace)... apparently the connection to the database is
   missing a password although I followed the instructions and provided
   passwords on the command line as parameters

bean with name 'provisionerInitializer': Invocation of init method failed;
nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not initialize
service!
[... SNIP ... ]
Caused by: org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.dao.QueryException: Could not
connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'172.18.0.1' (using password: NO)
at
org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.authentication(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:499)
at
org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.handleConnectionPhases(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:447)
at
org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.connect(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:358)
at
org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.protocol.AbstractConnectProtocol.connectWithoutProxy(AbstractConnectProtocol.java:713)
at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.Utils.retrieveProxy(Utils.java:471)
at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:105)
... 39 common frames omitted

   - while running fineract-cn-fims-web-app in dev mode ("npm run dev") I
   got the following exceptions:

ERROR in
./src/app/accounting/financialCondition/financial-condition.component.scss
Module build failed: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir
'/opt/build/integration-tests/fineract-cn-fims-web-app/node_modules/node-sass/vendor'
    at Object.fs.readdirSync (fs.js:893:3)
    at Object.getInstalledBinaries
(/opt/build/integration-tests/fineract-cn-fims-web-app/node_modules/node-sass/lib/extensions.js:129:13)
    at foundBinariesList
(/opt/build/integration-tests/fineract-cn-fims-web-app/node_modules/node-sass/lib/errors.js:20:15)

Anyone aware about the last two issues?

Thanks in advance and cheers,

Aleks