Re: [Mifos-developer] Report Error- Can run any report not even displaying report list

Hi Ippez,

I would like to add more information about the issue that you faced and someone can save some time in the future .

Mifos X has been running and tested to run "as is" using MySQL (version 5.5 or 5.6) Check this link https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/spaces/MDZ/pages/92504091/Prerequisite

MariaDB which is a fork of MySQL over the time have diverged and the JDBC drivers and Hibernate dialects are different check this other link http://in.relation.to/2017/02/16/mariadb-dialects/

In the code of Mifos X (fineract-provider) you can find org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect which now could lead to non expected results while using MariaDB (just like in the Reports)

If you want to run Mifos X without any DB issue, you have to use MySQL 5.5 or 5.6 but if you want to use MariaDB some fixes must be applied in the Mifos source code, drivers and dependencies.

For now, use the recommended MySQL version 5.5 or 5.6 for running Mifos X 18.03.01

Victor Romero