Re: Requesting For Apache Finreact CN Data Migration Github Repository

Hello Carlson,

Thank you for making a come back and giving back to the community. For
those who are not aware, Carlson is a former GSoC 2016 Intern with the
Mifos Initiative.

To attempt answering your question, please take a look at this thread on
making Fineract CN more compliant with Apache license :
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/50a63bda2dbfc1b3959c43649cfa041deeb2785fdb37444960b3b3d6@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E

You might also need to look at the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINCN-2  and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINCN-26 talking about compliance.

Basically you have to go through the Fineract CN code base ( the *.gradle
files) and identify each dependency which is not compliant with Apache
license 2.0 (what is called category X licenses). This link might help with
the Category X thing: https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

You might want to start with issue on removing mariadb client and replacing
with drizzle driver. After you replace the library, you will want to
replace the constants within mariadb components and also in the
application.yml of the domain services (customer, accounting etc) and also
some to the infra setup services. Then you will have to run demo server and
make sure everything is fine. You might setup a small UAT test to setup a
sample mfi and to make sure all the services are persisting to the database
using the new driver. This might take some time. The PRs will have to come
inorder too.

Feel free to ask questions as they come up and more experienced developers
in the community will answer.

Thanks.
Awasum.