Re: Question regarding distribution of GPL licensed MySQL Connector

We have to do something similar internally since we can not ship GPL code
within our binaries.
Thus we build MySQL connector and exclude the Driver form the artifacts.
Then we instruct  users on how to add the Driver Jars.
FYI users usually have a platform dependent shared Mysql/Lzo drivers so
this actually works well.
Also as a side note looked at the dependency on MYSQL on the code and seems
pretty easy to actually remove it from the code it self
{code}
extensions-core/mysql-metadata-storage/src/main/java/org/apache/druid/metadata/storage/mysql/MySQLConnector.java:import
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLTransientException;
{code}
Assuming we can do the same for Amazon stuff.