Some Material Before Publishing the Oak Pull Request

Hi All,
[ I apologize if someone got multiple copies of this email! As I got rejections due to initial email size.]

In continuation to our great talk yesterday (where we agreed about publishing a PR for Oak Incremental Index for Druid), hereby please find some reading material about Oak. The pool request itself will be ready for tomorrow. I would strongly suggest to read some of the documentation prior to looking on the code, as it may make the last task easier and clearer. As I said the Oak is now an open source library (yahoo/Oak) and its README might help you to understand the Oak's interface and new Druid's code.

|  |
yahoo/Oak

Oak - A Scalable Concurrent Key-Value Map for Big Data Analytics

Recall we had an issue#5698 about Oak Incremental Index (https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/issues/5698) and there you can find another useful documents to start from. We will publish the latest single-thread ingestion benchmark results tomorrow, together with the pool request. Feel free to ask questions!
Files from the issue:1. Oak Introduction: https://github.com/druid-io/druid/files/1946175/OakIntroduction.pdf2. Oak Details Presentation: https://github.com/druid-io/druid/files/1946182/OAK.Off-Heap.Allocated.Keys.pptx3. Suggested Refactoring: https://github.com/druid-io/druid/files/1947353/Incremental.Index.Refactoring.Suggestion.pdf4. Some additional Oak results: https://github.com/druid-io/druid/files/1959106/OakMap.OnHeap.with.Integer.Values.pdf
Thanks,Anastasia