Re: Druid 0.12.2 release vote

My thought is that recently we have started doing small bug-fix releases
more often (0.12.1 and 0.12.2 were both small releases) and I think it
makes sense to continue this practice. It makes sense to get them out
quickly, since shipping bug fixes is good. IMO trying to validate bug fix
releases within the customary Apache style 72 hour voting period is a good
goal.

On the other hand we do strive to put out high quality releases, and we
don't want bug fix releases to introduce regressions. Testing every single
patch in real clusters is an important part of that. All I can do is
encourage people running real clusters to deploy RCs as fast as they can!
Fwiw, we have already incorporated all the 0.12.2 patches into our Imply
distro of Druid and already have a good number users running them. So my +1
earlier incorporated knowledge that the patches have been validated in that
way.

I agree with Jihoon that we will probably end up doing an 0.12.3 soon, to
fix the issues he mentioned and a couple of others as well.