Re: Changing release process for release candidates

If it’s not clear, “release manager” is an important role. The RM is responsible for the key events in the release - building a release candidate (including signatures), putting it in a place that it can be viewed, writing release notes, starting a vote, closing the vote, writing the release announcement.

There MUST be a vote on the release, but for other parts of the process it’s best if the the RM doesn’t hang around waiting for permission.