Re: About creating 0.12.2-rc1

Gian is correct. Creating an RC doesn’t require a vote. It does require a release manager. Usually in Calcite we determine the timeframe of the release, and choose an RM, by a discussion that reaches consensus without an explicit vote.

The RM may do a little “traffic control”, asking whether people consider the branch is in good shape, and perhaps asking people to stop pushing, again by a non-vote email thread.

Julian