Podling Report (August 2018)
I'm posting a draft of the August 2018 report (which covers activity since
our last report in May):
Druid Podling Report (August 2018)
Druid is a high-performance, column-oriented, distributed data store.
Druid has been incubating since 2018-02-28.
Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
1. Plan and execute our first Apache release.
2. Move the website to Apache infrastructure.
3. Expanding the community and adding more committers
Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
How has the community developed since the last report?
- A healthy, constant flow of bug fixes, quality improvements and new
are still ongoing at https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid.
How has the project developed since the last report?
- This report covers activity since the May 2018 report
- Source has been migrated to Apache infrastructure
- License header updates are almost complete (
- Since the last report there have been 93 commits from 20 individuals.
- We have released 0.12.1, a non-incubator release.
- We currently voting on the 0.12.2 non-incubator bug fix release. This
will be our final non-incubator release.
How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.
[ ] Initial setup
[X] Working towards first release
[ ] Community building
[ ] Nearing graduation
[ ] Other:
Date of last release:
- Druid 0.12.1 on 2018-06-08 (non-Apache release)
- No official Apache release yet since beginning Apache Incubation
When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
- Project is still functioning with the initial set of committers.