Re: Apache Commons RNG version 1.2 release

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 13:44, Rob Tompkins <chtompki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was under the impression that we were to wait 24 hours between promotion and announcement as to wait for the mirrors of the world to catch up with the release promotion on the Apache servers.

Agreed.

The formal release is the source archive which is published via the
ASF mirror system.
It can take a day or so for the mirrors to catch up, so it's best to
wait before sending the announce mail.
Otherwise downloaders may get an error.

Unless the release is a security release, there's no need to rush the
announcement and risk causing unnecessary errors for the readers.