Re: [Vote] Release Apache Commons RNG v1.2 (RC1)

On 04/12/2018 14:08, Alex Herbert wrote:

The user guide shows updated Performance and Quality tables following the changes to the core implementation for all tables (verses release 1.1). I note that the times for the BoxMullerNormalizedGaussianSampler have all improved nearly 2-fold which is strange. The code appears to be unchanged from v1.1.

I should have said that the updated Performance and Quality tables was expected since the core library was modified for this release. I was expecting (and there is) a big change in the the generating boolean and int values tables. V1.2 has a new implementation of these methods in the core module. However the change to the speed of the BoxMullerNormalizedGaussianSampler is unexpected.

Alex