osdir.com


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [imaging] Questions about the 1.0-alpha release


Thanks Gary. Had a bit of spare time today, so tried preparing a new release as alpha1.

Still have a few questions from last e-mail pending, but will call the vote anyway and just re-roll a rc2 later if necessary.


>- RELEASE-NOTES.txt is still saying 1.0... should it be 1.0-alpha?
>- What else would need to be updated? The site perhaps??? Or is it OK to have a few places showing 1.0?



Vote e-mail coming in a few minutes (hopefully).

Cheers
Bruno




________________________________
From: Gary Gregory <garydgregory@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Commons Developers List <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Bruno P. Kinoshita <kinow@xxxxxxxxxx> 
Sent: Sunday, 9 September 2018 1:47 AM
Subject: Re: [imaging] Questions about the 1.0-alpha release



I would call it "alpha1" instead of just "alpha".

Gary 

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 06:58 Bruno P. Kinoshita <kinow@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,
>
>I am almost done following the docs to prepare a release. Didn't struggle as much as I expected with the release-plugin. Had more trouble getting the MANIFEST.MF entries corrected.
>
>But now, before I create the dist tag, and upload the zip/tar.gz (this was not executed by the release plugin because... it's a project that uses assembly plugin I think), I would like to confirm a few things
>
>- The version release is 1.0-alpha
>- The changes.xml is for 1.0. I found that commons-lang appears to have had a 3.0-beta. The changes.xml contains the entries for 3.0, with an HTML comment showing which changes were added post 3.0-beta. So I did the same for imaging
>- RELEASE-NOTES.txt is still saying 1.0... should it be 1.0-alpha?
>- What else would need to be updated? The site perhaps??? Or is it OK to have a few places showing 1.0?
>
>I have time to work on the RC1 vote until Monday NZ time this week. So if I manage to get these points sorted, we might be able to call the RC1 vote, and leave it running until the next weekend - or cancel it during the week in case of an error, and then I could prepare RC2 next weekend I think.
>
>
>Thanks!
>Bruno
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx