Re: New release distribution checksum policy

Hi Benedikt,

On 23.08.18 18:25, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> Am Do., 23. Aug. 2018 um 09:16 Uhr schrieb Thomas Vandahl <tv@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Shall we use this for commons-parent?
>>

> Sounds reasonable to me.

If I'm not mistaken, the requirement for SHA-512 checksums only exists
for the source distribution, not the binaries. At least this is what I
derive from Hervés implementation in Apache Parent 21. However, the
plugin configuration only kicks in, if the source release artifact name
ends with "-source-release.[zip|tar*]" From what I see in the latest
votes, Apache Commons uses another naming scheme (I do, too). Shall we
adapt?

Bye, Thomas