Re: [ALL] Make checkstyle:check part of default maven goal?

Hello.

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 08:45:03 +0200, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
Hi,

one thing I always have to do when preparing a release is to fix all the checkstyle and findbugs errors. This step could be eliminated if we added checkstyle:check and findbugs:check to the maven default goal. This way it would be executed on CI builds and we would see failing checkstyle/findbugs
right away.

+1 for adding them on the Jenkins jobs.
-1 for making them called by default (reports are not necessary for
   each build while developing).

Before committing a contribution, I try to always run
 $ mvn site
and check whether the reports are clean; but sometimes I forget (to
either run or check all relevant reports), so it may be useful to
have a profile that would fail the build if one of the important
checks reports a violation. [Then, running with this profile on should
be required from a contributor, before submitting a PR.]

Best,
Gilles

WDYT?
Benedikt