Re: [VOTE] Release Compress 1.18 based on RC1

On 2018-08-13, Gary Gregory wrote:

>> From src zip: ASC, SHA256 OK.
> In the future we should only publish SHA512 hashes.

can do.

> Site typo: "It is no possible to specifiy various parameters for Zstd
> output."
> -> "It is *now *possible to *specify *various parameters for Zstd output."

Thanks, fixed in mater, will be fixed when I publish the site after
merging.

> changes.xml needs a release date (I usually try to remember to do this as
> part of the RC.)

As usual, yes. I've had to many failed RC votes that I don't bother
predicting the releas date anymore.

> [INFO] Skipping JaCoCo execution due to missing execution data file.
> Aug 13, 2018 12:05:21 PM
> net.sourceforge.pmd.lang.java.typeresolution.ClassTypeResolver visit
> WARNING: Could not find class
> org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.sevenz.LZMADecoder, due to:
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class
> org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.sevenz.LZMADecoder cannot access its
> superclass org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.sevenz.CoderBase

I don't know, but the warning has been there for a long time. It is a
false positive.

> Nit:

> [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.7.0:compile (default-compile) @
> commons-compress ---
> [INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
> [INFO] Compiling 206 source files to
> C:\temp\rc\commons-compress-1.18-src\target\classes
> [INFO]
> /C:/temp/rc/commons-compress-1.18-src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/compress/utils/Sets.java:
> C:\temp\rc\commons-compress-1.18-src\src\main\java\org\apache\commons\compress\utils\Sets.java
> uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
> [INFO]
> /C:/temp/rc/commons-compress-1.18-src/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/compress/utils/Sets.java:
> Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

I've overlooked that and must have done for quite some time. The class
hasn't been touched for more than a year.

> Too bad we get multiple instances of ProjectBuildingException:

> [INFO] Generating "Dependencies" report  ---
> maven-project-info-reports-plugin:3.0.0:dependencies
> [WARNING] Unable to create Maven project from repository.
> org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Some problems were
> encountered while processing the POMs:
> [ERROR] Unknown packaging: bundle @ line 6, column 16

Yes, I've seen that, but have no idea how to fix that. It seems the
dependency plugin doesn't know "bundle" packaging but some of the (test)
dependencies use it. No idea how we could fix that.

> Using:

> Java version: 10.0.2, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: C:\Program
> Files\Java\jdk-10.0.2

> Yields:

> [INFO]  T E S T S
> [WARNING] Corrupted STDOUT by directly writing to native stream in forked
> JVM 1. See FAQ web page and the dump file
> C:\temp\rc\commons-compress-1.18-src\target\surefire-reports\2018-08-13T12-22-16_818-jvmRun1.dumpstream

This happens in Jenkins as well and I don't know how to fix it. I think
I once looked into it and it is a known Surefire issue.

Stefan