Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons RNG 1.1 based on RC7

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 08:59:56 -0600, Gary Gregory wrote:
+1

From src zip: ASC, SHA1, SHA256 OK.

In the future, we should only publish SHA512 files per recent Apache
guideline (some email I saw on the security ML IIRC.)

mvn apache-rat:check OK
mvn clirr:check OK
mvn clean install site OK

Using

Apache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe;
2018-06-17T12:33:14-06:00)
Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.5.4\bin\..
Java version: 1.8.0_181, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

Site is kind of OK but:

- Rob, you should be listed on the Team page.

He has been there for some time already:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/team-list.html

- On the API sub-site: JaCoCo aggregate page and JApiCmp are empty:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/rng/1.1-RC7/site/commons-rng-client-api/jacoco-aggregate/index.html

Some aggregate reports are not useful (the unit is the module and
users should be directed there for the concerned functionality),
namely Jacoco and Javadoc.  Links to empty reports should just be
deleted.

Aggregate reports that would be useful (to ease review) are Clirr
and RAT.

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/rng/1.1-RC7/site/commons-rng-client-api/japicmp.html

There are no japicmp reports anywhere: japicmp makes the [RNG]
build fail. [IIUC that was why Rob disabled it.]

Gilles

Maybe these can be properly populated when the site goes live?

Gary