Re: [imaging] Updated Maven release of Commons Imaging to Maven central repo
@Gary, will try to prepare a 1.0, as it seems there are few issues pending. If that doesn't work, will do as you suggested in your reply and prepare an alpha release.
>Frequent releases is very common in open source, to give users/developers easier access to the most updated version
+1 for RERO, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_early,_release_often
>so I hope you find the time to make another more updated release to the central maven repo.
As a note to myself ( or to another developer who reads this thread in the future, in case I fail to cut a 1.0 release), here's my plan/notes:
Issues triaged. Left bugs that can be fixed in 1.1 / 1.0.1 / or even 2.0 out. Also checked all issues in changes.xml, up to IMAGING-124 (commit 071e63ed72e29d2394fa7db74af9a69ecd0614f0), making sure fix version was set to 1.0.
There are three pending issues for 1.0 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IMAGING%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.0%20and%20resolution%20is%20empty):
- IMAGING-161, move packages, planning to tackle this one this weekend
- IMAGING-154, remove Debug class. This is where I got stalled last time. Still prefer to remove it, but if we can't reach consensus on this, will probably start thinking on a third option, or just go with the alpha release for now
- IMAGING-103, update project page
- No ticket, but will have to read about the new commons release plugin and possibly ping Gary/Rob (:
- Then prepare e-mail to send to the mailing list (include a question about Java version, probably we can update from 7 to 8...)
From: Andreas Røsdal <andreas.rosdal@xxxxxxxxx>
To: dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; brunodepaulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, 10 August 2018 4:00 AM
Subject: Re: [imaging] Updated Maven release of Commons Imaging to Maven central repo
Den tor. 9. aug. 2018 kl. 09:20 skrev Bruno P. Kinoshita
> It should be possible to release a new snapshot, or maybe another
Yes, a alpha/beta release to the maven central now would be very useful!
The API has changed significantly since the 0.97-incubator version.
Frequent releases is very common in open source, to give users/developers
easier access to the most updated version. The 0.97-incubator version was
released in 2009, so I hope you find the time to make another more updated
release to the central maven repo.