[REPORT] Apache Commons June 2018
- Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- Activity is medium with the release of 4 components and 4 internal
## Health report:
- The project is moderately healthy but suffers from a lack of committer
and PMC growth.
- Releases for existing components are in the planning stage for
Collections, Lang, IO, Pool, DBCP, RNG, Numbers, and Weaver (for Apache
- We are discussing the addition of a new component, mailing activity is
good and JIRAs are addressed in a timely manner.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 38 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Rob Tompkins on Fri Jun 30 2017
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 146 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Sergio Fernández at Sat Nov 04 2017
- BUILDPLUGIN-1.8 was released on Wed Apr 04 2018
- COMPRESS-1.17 was released on Sat Jun 02 2018
- DBCP-2.3.0 was released on Fri May 11 2018
- PARENT-45 was released on Wed Mar 14 2018
- PARENT-46 was released on Sun Apr 15 2018
- RELEASEPLUGIN-1.2 was released on Wed Apr 04 2018
- TEXT-1.3 was released on Tue Mar 20 2018
- TEXT-1.4 was released on Mon Jun 11 2018
## JIRA activity:
- 170 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 133 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
## Odds and ends:
- Incomplete stats from https://demo.kibble.apache.org:
- 1,570 Commits this period
- 72 Authors this period
- 204,475 Lines changed this period
- 40 Committers this period
Apache Commons PMC Chair.