Re: [rng] animal sniffer java target?

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 15:57:24 -0400, Rob Tompkins wrote:
I’ve gotten through most of the build except that I get animal
sniffer errors depending on what target version I choose. Below
maven.compiler.target I’ve added:

<javaTarget.majorVersion>1</javaTarget.majorVersion>
<javaTarget.minorVersion>8</javaTarget.minorVersion>

to try to get the animal sniffer to behave, but it still yields
errors. @Gilles - thoughts?

The component provides functionality that can be used with Java 6+.
All modules except "commons-rng-examples" are Java 6 compatible.
Some sub-modules of "commons-rng-examples" require a more recent
JDK (and the default target is Java 8).
Module "commons-rng-examples/examples-jpms" requires Java 9, as it
tests JPMS. [The "maven.compiler.target" is set accordingly in the
POM.]
By which tool are the
  javaTarget.majorVersion
and