Re: [DBCP] PStmtKey with SQL and catalog but not schema.

On 20/06/18 01:43, Gary Gregory wrote:
> The PStmtKey class keys off of a SQL statement, catalog but not the schema.
>
> Since a catalog is usually a collection of schema, shouldn't we use the
> schema as part of this key?

If only the relationship was that simple. And consistent across vendors.

There is a good summary here on SO:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7942520/relationship-between-catalog-schema-user-and-database-instance

> (Java 7 added supported for getSchema() on a Connection.)

Assuming that the SO information is correct (I have no reason to think
otherwise apart from cynicism) then including the schema in the key
makes sense to me.

Mark