Re: [All] japicmp (parent 46)

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 14:15:08 +0000, Gary Gregory wrote:
I see commons-geometry-core below.

Gary

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018, 06:22 Rob Tompkins <chtompki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2018, at 7:42 PM, Gilles <gilles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> For what it's worth:
>
> $ mvn site site:stage

Curious what project you’re working in? I would bet that it’s probably one
that’s multimode as japicmp doesn’t do well with pom modules.

> * succeeds with CP 43
* fails with CP 44, CP 45, CP 46

> Failure caused by the japicmp plugin that runs even if no profile
> triggering file calls for it.  See error message below.
>
> $ mvn site
>
> also does not work.
>
> Is there a way to skip "japicmp" (like "animal.sniffer.skip”)?

The “skip” predicate that can be passed in unfortunately does not work. All of those [parent] RC’s that I’ve been building have mostly been because of japicmp. I personally don’t think that it’s production ready, but there seems to be appetite for it in the community as a whole. I’m definitely a
-0 on it being in the parent.

This points to this plugin being removed from the next CP, since
it brings more problem than it solves.
Projects that are not impacted by these bugs can always declare
the plugin in their POM.

Thanks,
Gilles

-Rob