Re: [All] japicmp (parent 46)

> On Apr 19, 2018, at 7:42 PM, Gilles <gilles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> For what it's worth:
>
> $ mvn site site:stage

Curious what project you’re working in? I would bet that it’s probably one that’s multimode as japicmp doesn’t do well with pom modules.

> * succeeds with CP 43
> * fails with CP 44, CP 45, CP 46
>
> Failure caused by the japicmp plugin that runs even if no profile
> triggering file calls for it.  See error message below.
>
> $ mvn site
>
> also does not work.
>
> Is there a way to skip "japicmp" (like "animal.sniffer.skip”)?

The “skip” predicate that can be passed in unfortunately does not work. All of those [parent] RC’s that I’ve been building have mostly been because of japicmp. I personally don’t think that it’s production ready, but there seems to be appetite for it in the community as a whole. I’m definitely a -0 on it being in the parent.

-Rob