[ANNOUNCE] Commons Parent 46 released.

[This announcement is only going to the dev list.]

Hello All,

Commons Parent 46 has been released.

Changes in this version include:

New features:
o Add java-1.10 profile
o Add java-1.11 profile

Changes:
o japicmp-maven-plugin 0.11.0 -> 0.11.1
o maven-surefire-report-plugin 2.20.1 -> 2.21.0
o jacoco-maven-plugin 0.8.0 -> 0.8.1
o commons-build-plugin 1.7 -> 1.8
o commons-release-plugin 1.1 -> 1.2
o japicmp-maven-plugin: oldVersionPattern=\d+\.\d+\.\d*
o maven-assembly-plugin: 3.0.0 -> 3.1.0

Removed:
o Prerequisites tag; should only be used for maven-plugins, using maven-enforcer-plugin instead.

Note, the inclusion of the release plugin, means that (for a non multi module
build), you will want to add the following two properties to your pom:

commons.release.isDistModule=true
commons.distSvnStagingUrl=https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/foo
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/foo> (for component foo).

Then for a release when you build, you run:

	mvn -Duser.name=<myApacheUsername> -Prelease -Ptest-deploy clean test site
deploy

for a test deployment, and:

       mvn -Duser.name=<myApacheUsername> -Prelease clean test site deploy

for an actual deployment. To see the artifacts being staged properly, look under
“./target/commons-release-plugin/scm” as that is what should end up checked into
the dev distribution location.
————
Note, also that I plan to add the above notes, with more detail to the preparing
a release page, and the commons-parent page on the main site. I simply wanted to
give directions if anyone was particularly anxious to use the plugin/parent
immediately.

Cheers,
-Rob