Re: [compress] High Level API for Archives

Not sure if it helps much, but based on my experience in writing a totally
unrelated library from scratch in Java 8, I feel as though the use of
default interface methods would help tremendously in providing a nice API
while maintaining BC. I had considered proposing an update to Java 8, but
that wouldn't really help the users who improperly use compress in Java 7
already.