Re: [compress] High Level API for Archives

On 2018-04-23, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> TBH I am not such super big fan of adding and maintaining a high level
> API at this stage.  You will never find the right abstraction that
> everyone is happy with.

TIt's not my intention to make everybody happy, there will still be use
cases that won't be covered by the high level API where you stil need to
go to the lower level. The parallel creation of zip archives is
something that is far out of scope for the high level IMHO.

> Maybe we need to look at the various users of the API and take that as
> the basis for the next step.

Yes, this is soemthing I intend to do.

Thanks

        Stefan