From: Melanie Desaive [mailto:m.desaive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2018 3:28 PM
To: users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IOPS limitation with XenServer as hypervisor

Hi all,

do I get it right, that there is no way to limit IOPS per volume with XenServer as hypervisor? (Using ACS 4.11)

I tried the settings to limit IO bandwidth and IOPS per volume on hypervisor side with XenServer and only the bandwidth limitation seems to have an effect. Seems to me, that this is not supported from the XenServer side at all. Is that correct?

See:
https://bugs.xenserver.org/browse/XSO-580
https://github.com/xapi-project/blktap/issues/241

Are those features working with KVM?

Greetings, Melanie

Heinlein Support GmbH
Linux: Akademie - Support - Hosting

http://www.heinlein-support.de
Tel: 030 / 40 50 51 - 0
Fax: 030 / 40 50 51 - 19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein  -- Sitz: Berlin