From: Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonstebo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 10:50 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: KVM Live Snapshots

Hi Asai,

You can't do *VM* snapshots - but you can do live *volume* snapshots once you set kvm.snapshot.enabled=true.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 22/08/2018, 16:44, "Asai" <asai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Greetings,

    We successfully upgraded to 4.11.1.  One of the main reasons we did this was that we thought this would enable us to do live KVM snapshots of running VMs.  This doesn’t seem to be the case, though.  When I try to snapshot a running VM, I just get the message: "KVM VM does not allow to take a disk-only snapshot when VM is in running state"

    Is there a way currently to do this with Cloudstack and KVM VMs?

    Asai

Dag.Sonstebo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
@shapeblue