Re: KVM Live Snapshots

Make sure you have kvm.snapshot.enabled set to true in Global Settings. This setting change will probably require a management server restart.

- Si

________________________________
From: Asai <asai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 10:44 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: KVM Live Snapshots

Greetings,

We successfully upgraded to 4.11.1.  One of the main reasons we did this was that we thought this would enable us to do live KVM snapshots of running VMs.  This doesn’t seem to be the case, though.  When I try to snapshot a running VM, I just get the message: "KVM VM does not allow to take a disk-only snapshot when VM is in running state"

Is there a way currently to do this with Cloudstack and KVM VMs?

Asai