Re: Windows Server 2016 Templates for Cloudstack

Thank you, I’ll look into it.

Simon Völker
Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft e.V.
Abteilung C7 Kommunikationsmanagement
Schloss Birlinghoven IZB, 53754 Sankt Augustin
Telefon: (02241) 14-2311
E-mail: simon.voelker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:simon.voelker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Am 27.07.2018 um 11:09 schrieb Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonstebo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Dag.Sonstebo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>:

Hi Simon,

With regards to hostname this should just be a question of setting your Windows template to pick up hostname from DHCP.

Admin passwords – if the existing install doesn’t work you could look at a cloud-init derivative for Windows, looks like https://cloudbase.it/cloudbase-init/ may do the trick?

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

   we are currently updating templates we provide to our customers. However, we are running into problems with Windows Server 2016 and the cloudstack functionality of setting an administrator password and a hostname. The CloudInstanceManager we used for older versions does not seem to work anymore. Does anybody know a successor to the Cloud Instance Manager or a workaround to make the functions work in Server 2016?

   Regards

   E-mail: simon.voelker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:simon.voelker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:simon.voelker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dag.Sonstebo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Dag.Sonstebo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
@shapeblue