VPC vitual router stuck in starting

Testing with advanced networking v4.11 using KVM.

I setup some isolated networks (2) and then a VPC which all worked fine. I then rebooted compute nodes (x3) and manager and when it all came back the VPC virtual router is stuck in starting as are the VMs in the VPC.

I have checked the management server logs and I see a lot of -

com.cloud.utils.exception.ExecutionException: Unable to start  VM:ed9a140a-9cd6-47e9-a2b7-8d34ca5b6ca7 due to error in finalizeStart, not retrying
com.cloud.exception.AgentUnavailableException: Resource [Host:4] is unreachable: Host 4: Unable to start instance due to Unable to start  VM:ed9a140a-9cd6-47e9-a2b7-8d34ca5b6ca7 due to error in finalizeStart, not retrying
Caused by: com.cloud.utils.exception.ExecutionException: Unable to start  VM:ed9a140a-9cd6-47e9-a2b7-8d34ca5b6ca7 due to error in finalizeStart, not retrying
com.cloud.utils.exception.ExecutionException: Unable to start  VM:ed9a140a-9cd6-47e9-a2b7-8d34ca5b6ca7 due to error in finalizeStart, not retrying

it says Host 4 is not reachable but I have another virtual router for one of the isolated networks and some guest VMs running on the same host.

1) Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot this beyond looking through the logs ?

2) how can I stop the vritual router, destroy it and recreate it as while it is starting you cannot do anything with it ?

thanks