RE: Advanced networking - physical NICs.

Hi Jon,

1. Yes
2. You tell CloudStack what VLAN the public IPs are on, CloudStack will add the VLAN tags
3. CloudStack will do it automatically
4. 'something' like this:

Ifcfg-eth1

DEVICE=eth1
ONBOOT=yes
HOTPLUG=no
BOOTPROTO=none
TYPE=Ethernet
BRIDGE= cloudbr1
NM_CONTROLLED=no

Ifcfg-cloudbr1

DEVICE= cloudbr1
TYPE=Bridge
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
IPV6INIT=no
IPV6_AUTOCONF=no
STP=off

NOTE the public/guest interface (eth1 in this case) will then need to be connected to a trunk interface on your switch which allows all of the VLANs that you need for public and private networks

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.shapeblue.com