Re: Basic networking setup

Hello, Jon,

Basically following schema is used for a basic zone:
1. system VMs and hardware servers (heads, secondary storages, hypervisors)
use a fake net like 10.0.0.0/16 (I also do NAT all those nodes thru heads
to avoid public IPs, or separate security appliance can be used);
2. guest network - separate CIDR used;

I still think that the sentence you cite is correct. Every pod has
dedicated CIDR (pt2) which assigned to guest VMs, the same stuff (actually)
is true for management, but this is another CIDR (pt1).

Some people also suggest using a separate network for storage, but I don't
see advantages for small and medium deployments.

Cheers.

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks Software, Ltd.