Basic networking setup

>From the 4.11 documentation -

"When basic networking is used, CloudStack will assign IP addresses in the CIDR of the pod to the guests in that pod. The administrator must add a Direct IP range on the pod for this purpose. These IPs are in the same VLAN as the hosts."

It may be the way it is written but the above suggests that the IP subnet used for guest VM traffic is the same IP subnet used for the actual hosts themselves.

But in the same documentation it says it recommends the use of separate NICs for management and guest traffic.

I have setup CS using separate subnets for management, Guest VMs and storage so 3 separate NICs each in a different vlan using a different IP subnet. (the NICs are not vlan aware, just connecting to ports in different vlans on the switch).

Should I be using just the one IP subnet for all NICs and simply connecting them all to the same bridge instead ?

Jon