From: Jon Marshall <jms.123@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:28:06 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 4.11 without Host-HA framework

Hi Rohit

Thanks for responding.

I have not had much luck with HA at all.  I crash a server and nothing happens  in terms of VMs migrating to another host. Monitoring the management log file it seems the management server recognises the host has stopped responding to pings but doesn't think it has to do anything.

I am currently running v4.11 with basic network but 3 separate NICs, one for management, one for storage and one for VMs themselves.

Should it make it any difference ie. would it be worth trying to run management and storage over the same NIC ?

I am just lost as to why I see no failover at all whereas others are reporting it works fine.

Jon