Re: advanced networking with public IPs direct to VMs

I reran the tests with the 3 NIC setup. When I configured the zone through the UI I used the labels cloudbr0 for management, cloudbr1 for guest traffic and cloudbr2 for NFS as per my original response to you.

When I pull the power to the node (dcp-cscn2.local) after about 5 mins the  host status goes to "Alert" but never to "Down"

I get this in the logs -

2018-06-05 15:17:14,382 WARN  [c.c.h.KVMInvestigator] (AgentTaskPool-1:ctx-f4da4dc9) (logid:138e9a93) Agent investigation was requested on host Host[-4-Routing], but host does not support investigation because it has no NFS storage. Skipping investigation.
2018-06-05 15:17:14,382 DEBUG [c.c.h.HighAvailabilityManagerImpl] (AgentTaskPool-1:ctx-f4da4dc9) (logid:138e9a93) KVMInvestigator was able to determine host 4 is in Disconnected
2018-06-05 15:17:14,382 INFO  [c.c.a.m.AgentManagerImpl] (AgentTaskPool-1:ctx-f4da4dc9) (logid:138e9a93) The agent from host 4 state determined is Disconnected
2018-06-05 15:17:14,382 WARN  [c.c.a.m.AgentManagerImpl] (AgentTaskPool-1:ctx-f4da4dc9) (logid:138e9a93) Agent is disconnected but the host is still up: 4-dcp-cscn2.local

I don't understand why it thinks there is no NFS storage as each compute node has a dedicated storage NIC.

I also don't understand why it thinks the host is still up ie. what test is it doing to determine that ?

Am I just trying to get something working that is not supported ?