Re: advanced networking with public IPs direct to VMs

CS version 4.11

VM HA at the moment (not Host HA as yet)

KVM

For the management node just one NIC - 172.30.3.2/26 assigned to physical NIC.

For the compute nodes -

3 NICs so as an example from one compute node -

ifcfg-eth0

BRIDGE=cloudbr0

ifcfg-eth1

BRIDGE=cloudbr1

ifcfg-eth2

BRIDGE=cloudbr2

then the 3 bridges -

ifcfg-cloudbr0

ip address 172.30.3.3/26    <--- management network

if-cloudbr1

ip address 172.30.4.3/25  <-- guest traffic

gateway 172.30.4.1

ifcfg-cloubr2

ip address 172.30.5.3 /28 <-- storage traffic

traffic labels would be cloudbr0, cloudbr1, cloudbr2

Can only get failover working when I put all traffic on same NIC.