advanced networking with public IPs direct to VMs

Hi all

I am close to giving up on basic networking as I just cannot get failover working with multiple NICs (I am not even sure it is supported).

What I would like is to use 3 NICs for management, storage and guest traffic. I would like to assign public IPs direct to the VMs which is why I originally chose basic.

If I switch to advanced networking do I just configure a guest VM with public IPs on one NIC and not both with the public traffic -

would this work ?