Re: Anyone using LB to solve Console Proxy DNS..

Hi Andrija,

I'm running a small CI/homelab where I've solved the console proxy access using `consoleproxy.url.domain` global setting to fill in a non-wildcard domain like lab.yadav.cloud.

Next, on the server I use apache2 which can be thought as some LB, as it proxies the request on: /aa

        ProxyPass /ajax http://<console proxy ip:port>/ajax
        ProxyPassReverse /ajax http://<console<http://%3Cconsole/> proxy ip:port>/ajax

        ProxyPass /ajaximg http://<console<http://%3Cconsole/> proxy ip:port>/ajaximg
        ProxyPassReverse /ajaximg http://<console<http://%3Cconsole/> proxy ip:port>/ajaximg

        ProxyPass /resource http://<console<http://%3Cconsole/> proxy ip:port>/resource
        ProxyPassReverse /resource http://<console<http://%3Cconsole/> proxy ip:port>/resource

For any guest VM, I get to access the console proxy via the same domain as the mgmt server which proxies to the CPVM IP. In 4.11 there is also a new option to dedicate a public IP (range) to systemvms in a way could be useful to fix public IP - dns mapping.

For this to work, on 4.11 I made this change:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/392f62dae0f59b3b00437d61ab8cee0ebfb9e60a

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>