From: Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonstebo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 30 April 2018 14:24
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: New to Cloudstack - Issues going in to production - Public and Guest bridges not up KVM

** This mail originated from OUTSIDE the Oakford corporate network. Treat hyperlinks and attachments in this email with caution. **

Hi Adam,

As per Nicolas’ comments probably a good idea to increase the verbosity of your agent logs and see if anything pops up – also check your normal /var/log/messages.

My twopence worth apart from this:
- Your config looks OK.
- Have you made sure LACP is actually up and running on your switch stack? If LACP on KVM can’t handshake correctly with the switches I could see you having problems.
- What does a “cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0” tell you when the bridge is down?
- Overall I suspect this could also be down to NIC drivers – it may be an idea to make sure these are fully up to date.
- If all else fails and you cannot find a resolution you could bodge a workaround with libvirt hooks – by putting a script to up all bridges into /etc/libvirt/hooks/network – see https://libvirt.org/hooks.html for more info. I would use this as your last option though.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue