Re: QEMU dirty-bitmap

That looks pretty interesting. I'll read up on it. We've been more focused lately on working on Ceph replication, but this would be a nice way to handle it in a storage agnostic way.

- Si

________________________________
From: Grégoire Lamodière <g.lamodiere@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2018 7:15 AM
To: users
Subject: QEMU dirty-bitmap

Dear List,

Has anyone tried the dirty-bitmap solution to provide incremental backups on KVM/QEMU based CS clusters ?
The solution sounds pretty nice, but instance migration scenarios need additional task to copy the bitmaps.

Should we dig this subject and share, or is there any existing work on incremental backup for CS / KVM (using qemu bitmaps or any other feature), that we might join ?

Cheers.

Grégoire

---
Grégoire Lamodière