Re: Using ConfigDrive in a shared network
I've tested/used the feature in advanced zone/networking but without security groups, so there could be potentially some limitation around that (please check?). Here are few things you can try:
- genisoimage is available on your mgmt server or local development platform
- after updating any existing network offering see if restarting mgmt server helps?
- use an IDE, attach debugger on the config drive element class and see if it participates at all during deployment?
- in the global setting check if config drive on primary storage is enabled or not? Config drive by default requires secondary storage and will create isos on it. Also check agent logs? (the config drive current is created on/by the mgmt server and then the iso data is transferred via cmd-answer pattern to either secondary or primary storage).
- Also dumpxml for the guest domain and see if any iso is attached?
From: Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:36:01 PM
Subject: Using ConfigDrive in a shared network
I can't get ConfigDrive for UserData to work on my Advanced Zone and I
can't figure out why.
I updated 'DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService' and it shows:
As you can see, my UserData should be provided by 'ConfigDrive'.
It's state is also 'Enabled', so that's good.
If I deploy a VM however it doesn't get a ISO attached nor do I see any
trace of ConfigDrive in the logs.
Does anybody have an idea?
Amadeus House, Floral Street, London WC2E 9DPUK