Re: Combining Apache CloudStack Documentation
Great work Paul. Used this myself for referencing something, it was good to have everything on the same site.
From: Paul Angus <paul.angus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 10:05:52 PM
To: dev; users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Combining Apache CloudStack Documentation
My Todo list is pretty much complete, I just need to ask infra to set up a webhook.
So to sum up
- The consolidated documentation is live at http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org
- The website points to the new documentation location and has links to the 'archived' documentation
- The old documentation has a warning notices on Read The Docs and on the Github Readme
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London WC2N 4HSUK
Amadeus House, Floral Street, London WC2E 9DPUK
From: Paul Angus
Sent: 27 July 2018 15:18
To: dev <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Combining Apache CloudStack Documentation
Thank you to everyone for their appreciation of this little project. In line with that and a couple of the comments, I've tweaked and added some links and fixed a load of internal links and references within the docs.
I've had a new repo created under our project  and linked it to ReadTheDocs . I've been through all of the RTD settings and applied the same as the original ones had - including adding all of the existing maintainers. It's just missing a web-hook, which I think infra will need to sort.
I've also done a load of work in the 'Doc Writers' section of the cwiki , to make getting started easier for people.
The 'new style' documentation is open for business wrt pull requests and merges by community people - so please get stuck in.
For anyone who is used to working with our documentation, please have a look at the Advanced Information section of  as it explains a couple of backend things that I've done, you should find that it makes things easier, but it explains why they're there and how they work.
I'm on holiday with the family for a couple of weeks.
My TODO list when I return is:
- Update website to reflect new documentation location + 'pre 4.11 documentation'
- update the redirect from http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org to the new location.
- add webhook to github repo to trigger builds when a commit happens
- Update pre 4.11 docs to make it clear that 4.11+ exists and add a link
- Make it clear on github that updates should be in new repo (maybe make readonly)
- port across any updates made to the old docs to the new docs during transition.