From: Paul Angus <paul.angus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:55:26 PM
To: dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PROPOSE] Combining Apache CloudStack Documentation

Hi All,

We currently have four sources of documentation [1]. Which make managing the documentation convoluted, and worse, make navigating and searching the documentation really difficult.

I have taken the current documentation and combined them into one repo, then created 7 sections:

CloudStack Concepts and Terminology
Quick Installation Guide
Installation Guide
Usage Guide
Developers Guide
Plugins Guide
Release Notes

I haven't changed any of the content, but I've moved some of it around to make more sense (to me).  You can see the result on RTD [2]

I'd like to PROPOSE to move this demo version of the documentation over to the Apache repos and make it THE documentation source, update the website, and mark the current repos/sites as archive data.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs.git <https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs.git> is a bit of a dodge-podge of resources
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-install.git is the install guide
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-admin.git is the current admin manual.