From: Paul Angus <paul.angus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:23:10 PM
To: dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Github Issues

Hi All,

We have been trialling replacing Jira with Github Issues.   I think that we should have a conversation about it before it become the new standard by default.

From my perspective, I don't like it.  Searching has become far more difficult, categorising has also. When there is a bug fix it can only be targeted for a single version, which makes them easy to lose track of, and when looking at milestones issues and PRs get jumbled up and people are commenting on issues when it should by the PR and vice-versa (yes I've done it too).
In summary, from an administrative point of view it causes a lot more problems than it solves.

I yield the floor to hear other people's opinions...

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
@shapeblue